Main Menu

Tow Weight & Launch Options

Started by eulereit, September 02, 2016, 02:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eulereit

What is the all-up tow weight of the boat and trailer?  I can't find the trailer weight anywhere online.

Also, do you think it's possible to dolly launch the boat at a boat ramp?  Or is it too heavy to pull out of the ramp?

I have a sedan with no official towing capacity and have never used a YC hoist, so I don't know what to expect as far as launch & recover.

Thanks!

trend.ab

Hi David
The combo trailer is around 100kg, all up weight below 500kg, so you dont need breaks and can tow with a normal car.
Dolley launching at our local ramp is no problem. Easier to pull the Vx out by hand for 2 guys than to pull out my Finn alone.
Beat

kpike

The US aluminum trailer weights 500 lbs. Add 575# to 600# for the boat and your are at 1100#.  I have posted some other trailers mods in this section which make launch and recovery of the VX a little easier.   I launch from lots of west coast ramps and a beach with the trailer.

ARGONAUT

Hello David, Where are you located? there is my boat at ABYC in Long Beach and Robert has a boat dry docked in Santa Monica. Would you like to go for a sail? Jack

eulereit

Hi Jack, I'm in Santa Monica, and Marina Del Rey is my home base.  I've been emailing with Robert, let me send you a message with some more details.  Thanks!