Main Menu

Rigging - does anyone have a list of dimensions?

Started by Christian H Jensen, January 10, 2017, 10:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian H Jensen

Got my Vx in the fall but haven't sailed it yet.  Some of the lines (esp spin sheets and halyards) that came with the boat seem less than ideal (no tapers, loops just straight lines) and I would like to make up lines during the winter period.

Does anyone have a list of running rigging with dimensions and tapering lenghts that you are willing to share?  It would be great.

Thanks

Christian

kpike

Spin sheet end taper 82". 
Spin halyard top taper 244", bottom taper 181".

I bought my first set of tapered lines from Vela.  They dramatically reduced the line drag.  I found that depending on the blocks in the spin sheet system there were holding issues due to the core's low friction.  I made new lines of different construction to improve and change to larger blocks.  It will also depend on your crew's strength. 

For the halyard length, you may want more or less depending on who handles the line hoist.  A little longer so the skipper can do it too or shorter to cut down on the excess line floating around on the deck.

I have a quick video for taking the VX 1 mast apart @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAspTiXHcJ0  which you may want to look at.

Christian H Jensen

Thanks mate.  Do you also have lengths of Spin Halyard and Sheet?  what are ideal diameter?  1/4" or ?

Cheers,

Christian