Main Menu

Wanted: Charter at a Winter Series Event

Started by Bcm90334, August 29, 2017, 04:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bcm90334

Sold my J70 and looking at getting into the VX class.  Ideally I'd like to charter a couple days ahead of the event for some time in the boat then compete.  I would need a complete boat including sails.  I'm leaning toward the February weekend, but no plans have been made official.  Could pick up and drop off anywhere on the east coast...   

bcm731@hotmail.com

kpike

Contact Brian Bennett, the VX1 designer.  He has boats available for charter.

Bcm90334

Bcm90334

Been a few weeks and no response from Bennett yet.... anyone out there want to charter???

Paul Murphy Annapolis

Hi,

Chesapeake Bay now has five or six Vx's and it's likely one could be chartered. Owner may not want to cough up his good set of sails, but I have a set of 2016 & a set of 2017 North's I could lend to your effort. Call or type. The Vx is one of the nicest boats I've ever sailed.

Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy Annapolis

Hi,

Chesapeake Bay now has five or six Vx's and it's likely one could be chartered. Owner may not want to cough up his good set of sails, but I have a set of 2016 & a set of 2017 North's I could lend to your effort. Call or type. The Vx is one of the nicest boats I've ever sailed.

Paul Murphy

Paul Murphy Annapolis

Hi Brian,

Great to see you interest, the Vx is the nicest boat I can still sail. She's awesome, fast, light, fun, much lower operating cost than J-70.

Keep in touch, Robby Brown has a boat,  Robby charters at decent price, but wants to coach (on or off) the boat Friday.

Thank you,
Paul Murphy