Main Menu

Charleston RW 2018

Started by Christian H Jensen, December 03, 2017, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian H Jensen

I see that CRW is on the "schedule" for 2018.

Charleston is certainly a great party venue while the sailing is so-so - but I digress....

Anyway - has CRW been contacted to add a VX One addendum that makes it possible to comply with the NOR?  What I am referring to is the NOR requirements of minimum 3 crew per boat.  Having a class event at a venue that would only allow some of the VX One's (the ones sailing with 3) to compete is really not a good option.

Just wondering..............

Christian

Paul Murphy Annapolis

Recognizing the three crew minimum written by CRW is observant. Question was settled a few years ago, plenty of Vx's sail w/ just two total people onboard for several years.     Most, but not all the fleet sail our of Charleston YC,  about six minute reach to the starting line.

Christian H Jensen

Good to know it was settled - but where is it written down.

I have learned in sailing to read NOR/SI's closely and just somebody telling me it has been settled is a bit too wishy-washy for me.  It would be a good idea to get the OA to put it in the NOR or an addendum to it.  Maybe the class could take contact with the OA???

Jeff Eiber

Christian, thanks for bringing this up.  I've written to Randy Draftz for clarification about sailing with two people.  I'll post his reply here.

Jeff Eiber

Here is Randy Draftz reply to the three crew requirement:

"Yes we are aware that we need to amend this for the Vx One Class. I will get this done shortly.

Thanks

Regards,
Randy Draftz
Charleston Yachting & Regatta Management"

So I'm assuming they will modify the NOR to allow two crew on the VX One.