Main Menu

#103 for sale

Started by Paul Murphy Annapolis, February 19, 2018, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Murphy Annapolis

Buying a newer boat this spring so #103 is available.

Older boat, w/ keel at designed weight--thus overall weight is 35 pounds above class minimum.
Substantial upgrades in 2017 by Brian Bennet;
  SeaDeck soft-deck installed.  New 2017 Ovington ruder, new hiking straps & upgraded spinnaker sheets.
  Three sets of sails: 1) North sails used less than seven days.  2) Intensity set of sails and special heavy-air jib & mainsail (1/2" luff curve removed)
  Top cover, mast cover, Intensity rudder/tiller bag and shroud bag. No bottom cover. 
SpeedPuck shows heading, boat speed & maximum boatspeed.  Shift compass.
  New tires on trailer & trailer license doesn't expire until 2023.

$21,000

Vic

Hello, Paul.  I'd like to get more information about #103.  Do you have pictures? 

Paul Murphy Annapolis

Sorry to have missed your question.

Next weekend is our final Sarasota event & will definitely send photos. I'll look through my phone for photos.
I do know we have a video of one race on the Cloud. If you want to send your email, I'll send you the link.

You may already know this: 
Boats prior to #150 were built in the US and are approx 35 pounds overweight. Maybe 6% of hull weight.
While people can remove weight from the bulb to get down to minimum weight I don't, most people don't advise this.
Weight in the bulb is important to minimize chance of capsize.  I think all of us should view older boats as 'starter' boats. Get in the fleet, practice your foot work & steering a high peformance boat, gybing, etc.   

I'm a life long sailor, lots of Soling, Etchells & Melges 24. This is the nicest boat I've ever sailed.  I've worked to make #103 the best of the older boats.  Good Royal blue Seadeck. Through bolted the jib track, the new rudder & keel work done by Brian Bennett.

Holland Michigan has a great fleet.

Send email & I'll send you the video link.

Thank you,
Paul Murphy
Annapolis
443/600-7400

larry

Hi Paul,
If the boat is still for sale, I'd love to see the additional information you have on the boat.
Thanks,
Larry

Paul Murphy Annapolis

Hello Larry,

Yes, #103 will be for sale. I bought a newer boat, #216.
As the situation stands now, #103 is chartered to Brad Read & Anthony Norris in Newport, RI for the summer.

While I could sell her now, the Newport guys contacted me a few months ago about seasonal charter.

Love the boat, love the class. The Vx is one of the few boats where I actually put her in the water for a joyride, just the fun of skimming over the water.

larry

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the update. I've been talking to Ian and Bob Maccini about going down to Newport to sail a VX-One since I've never been on one. Maybe I'll see #103.
Larry