Main Menu

Sarasota Winter Series 2014/15 First Event 11/20/14

Started by Intensitysails, October 15, 2014, 03:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intensitysails

We have 12 boats registered so far for our first winter series event in Sarasota Florida. For a number of us this is our boat's winter home and the Sarasota Sailing Squadron has really stepped up to earn our loyalty and get us to return for 15/16 already.  They WANT us there! If you have not raced on Sarasota Bay you will love it.  Registration is here;

http://www.vxonemw.com

Djwpe

Is there any consensus on lodging nearby to the race site?

Don Winston VX 145

kpike

Where is everyone hanging out?  The Holiday Inn is already full.

RJB

Recently purchased #135 but both my 1st and 2nd choices for crew cannot commit to those dates.  In case I cannot get a commitment by 11/16 is anybody looking for crew?  I live in Tampa.

Bob Bilthouse

Bryanelee

kpike

This was a great event.  I planned to stop by for the class meeting and stayed for two days.  I was not racing but could eyeball the gear and watch how the competitors were dealing with the higher wind range from the RC boat.  I picked up a lot of info in the pits and met VX folks in the flesh.  I picked up some foulie tips from the ladies for my crew who stayed home for YC board duty.
The venue was excellent.  Go SSS, you rock. Hope I can get back for another event with wife next time.

Jay Harrell

We learned last weekend that the best way to deal with the higher wind ranges was to go really, really fast and have lots and lots of fun doing it! 

We knew the wind was up on Saturday, but I was still surprised when I looked up the Sarasota airport history on the NOAA site and it had observations of 25 with gusts to 30.  I've never had so much fun sailing in so much wind!