Main Menu

PHRF

Started by RJB, November 26, 2014, 10:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJB

Question for those of you that have a PHRF rating certificate.  Went to the West Florida PHRF website and the application has a required field for motor that must be filed in order to complete the form.  How did you get around this, or did you purchase a motor & bracket and sail with a motor hanging off the back?  I hope not.

Thanks,
Robert Bilthouse

kpike

I already had the bracket and motor.  However the RC did not make an issue of a boat which did not.  Likely depends on the type of fleet you are racing in.  I also sailed in dinghy regattas where they used the portsmith rating and there was no motor requirement.  On the practical side, some PHRF events are in a body of water where wearing a kicker is a nice to have. If the RC assumes you have auxiliary power then the line could be an hour away.  My wife are light so having an additional 28# on board is not a concern.  If it is light wind <5, the VX will struggle, >10 you sail away.

cerracing

I need the VXone's SPL and spinnaker dimensions to complete my NCPHRF application. Anyone have these? All the diagrams I've found should the SPL at 4.181m? Can't be right.