ONE DESIGN: EVOLVED
The VX ONE is a fresh and exciting sport one-design for the international two to three person racing enthusiast. The design concept is born of a careful review of performance one-design demographics within this category worldwide. The VX offers sailors from Junior to Advanced a vehicle for perpetual enjoyment of performance sailing in an affordable, durable, and technically advanced package, and at a realistic price.
- LOA = 19′/5.79m
- LWL = 18.83′/5.74m
- Beam = 7.17′/2.19m
- SA Main + Jib = 215 sq ft./19.97 sq m
- SA Gennaker = 280 sq ft./26 sq m
- Draft, keel down = 4.33′/1.32m
- Crew Weight tolerance = 380 – 450 lbs (2-3 person)
- Boats built by Ovington Boats, Ltd. and Mackay Boats Ltd.
- GNAV (above-boom Vang)
- Self Tacking Jib on Harken Radial track
- Recessed Harken Jib furler
- Large mouth Gennaker launcher
- Single line Gennaker halyard/ retrieval/ pole launcher
- Clear coated Carbon mast by Southern Spars (NZL)
- Clear coated Carbon Gennaker pole
- Clear coated Carbon Boom
- Simple, uncluttered cockpit
- Extruded and Anodized Aluminum keel for perfect shape and durability
- High performance profile Carbon-Glass rudder
- Simplified rig utilizing sensible engineering; provides easy tuning
- Storage for Day gear/ Provisions
- Optional Outboard bracket (2 Hp Outboard) for recreational use
- No paid professional programs
- All sailors welcome. No owner-driver restrictions
- KISS approach
LEARN MORE OR ORDER YOUR OWN FROM THE LINKS BELOW
In The USA:
Vela Sailing Supply
1830 East Interstate 30 Highway
Rockwall, Texas 75087
Pitch Pole Skiff Products Inc.
Sail Royalty Tags
B.2.1 A class royalty sticker must be affixed to the starboard side of the sail in proximity of the tack.
The cost of a VX ONE sail tag is $30.00. To order, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.