ONE DESIGN: EVOLVED
The VX ONE is a fresh and exciting sport one-design for the international two to three person racing enthusiast. The design concept is born of a careful review of performance one-design demographics within this category worldwide. The VX offers sailors from Junior to Advanced a vehicle for perpetual enjoyment of performance sailing in an affordable, durable, and technically advanced package, and at a realistic price.
- LOA = 19′/5.79m
- LWL = 18.83′/5.74m
- Beam = 7.17′/2.19m
- SA Main + Jib = 215 sq ft./19.97 sq m
- SA Gennaker = 280 sq ft./26 sq m
- Draft, keel down = 4.33′/1.32m
- Crew Weight tolerance = 380 – 450 lbs (2-3 person)
- Boats built by Ovington Boats, Ltd. and Mackay Boats Ltd.
- GNAV (above-boom Vang)
- Self Tacking Jib on Harken Radial track
- Recessed Harken Jib furler
- Large mouth Gennaker launcher
- Single line Gennaker halyard/ retrieval/ pole launcher
- Clear coated Carbon mast by Southern Spars (NZL)
- Clear coated Carbon Gennaker pole
- Clear coated Carbon Boom
- Simple, uncluttered cockpit
- Extruded and Anodized Aluminum keel for perfect shape and durability
- High performance profile Carbon-Glass rudder
- Simplified rig utilizing sensible engineering; provides easy tuning
- Storage for Day gear/ Provisions
- Optional Outboard bracket (2 Hp Outboard) for recreational use
- No paid professional programs
- All sailors welcome. No owner-driver restrictions
- KISS approach
LEARN MORE OR ORDER YOUR OWN FROM THE LINKS BELOW
In The USA:
Sailing Inc. Cleveland
5401 N. Marginal Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44114
Sailing Inc. Charleston
1371 Ashley River Rd
Charleston, SC 29407
Sailing Inc. Sandusky
1023 1st St
Sandusky, OH 44870
Vela Sailing Supply
1830 East Interstate 30 Highway
Rockwall, Texas 75087
Pitch Pole Skiff Products Inc.
Sail Royalty Tags
B.2.1 A class royalty sticker must be affixed to the starboard side of the sail in proximity of the tack.
The cost of a VX ONE sail tag is $30.00. To order, send an email to email@example.com.