Main Menu

Go to big regattas for information

Started by kpike, January 08, 2018, 03:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpike

One of the best reasons to attend the mid-winters or nationals is to ask questions and see different approaches to problems.  Beside picking up tips on sailing faster, I found three gems on hardware. 1) US Cargo sells a small stainless ratchet trailer tie down.  It works so well I bought 2 more for other projects. 2) Lots of discussion about trailer tire wear.  The NAC RC Pro described his frustration with tire wear on a J70 trailer. His final solution - get a new axle.  I checked my torsion axle and found that the tires were toed out 1-1/2".  Apparently too many potholes and/or curb hits. No one online thought it was worth repairing.  I installed a new axel and what a difference. 3) I had a problem with my gnav car slipping off its boom track. I checked out one of the other gadget skipper's setup and noticed that he had replaced the car bungie hold down with non stretch line.  I did the same with spider line and my car slipping problems went away.  Thanks to all people who patiently listened and contributed.