Main Menu

Newport Fleet

Started by hyerstay, December 14, 2012, 11:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyerstay

I've heard about a VX fleet building in Newport, RI. Any news from any members on this?

I live in Vermont and a New England fleet makes the VX more interesting beyond its technical and performance appeal.

I am currently between sportboats.

jason

Jay Harrell

"between sportboats"?  You don't still have your Viper?

hyerstay

I sold my half to my co-owner. I'm not sure what I will do next. I might get another Viper because of the northeast dominance, but I love all the new features of the VX One.

Intensitysails

We currently have 5 VX ones committed for summer 2013 in Newport. 2 more are seriously interested at the moment. We have a weekly series, the Newport regatta and 2 round Jamestown island races at the least planned.

I have now heard of 3 interested parties on Champlain.

Paul Cronin

I am interested In buying a boat with a partner if there will be a Newport Fleet.

Rod Favela

Quote from: Paul Cronin on February 06, 2013, 07:18:40 PM
I am interested In buying a boat with a partner if there will be a Newport Fleet.

Paul,

That's great. I suggest you keep the conversation going with Jim Myers (Intensity Sails) who you may already know. I am sure there is people "on the fence" ready to go on a partnership.

davidreich

Or just do as I did....buy it and love it! you will not be sorry. It is the sweetest sailing boat to hit the market. Oh, and don't forget to join the class :)